The Sales Development Representative is responsible for increasing awareness of Mindsight’s brand and value through consistent and persistent outreach to a targeted universe of prospective buyers. This is an integral role within the Marketing organization and key to helping grow the business. This role has the potential to grow into an outside sales/account executive role as success is proven.
The Sales Development Representative will aggressively call on and build relationships with buyers and influencers – which may include VPs of Customer Care, Contact Center Managers and IT executives, with the objective of securing first meetings. Marketing muscle in the form of campaigns, events, webinars, will be put behind all calling efforts to increase success.
Ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication skills, be high-energy, a fast learner, self-disciplined, professional, and self-motivated to work in an environment where higher standards of performance are expected and achieved. Experience in the contact center/call center industry and/or a background in business development is preferred but not required.
- Set initial meetings with decision makers and influencers; listen and learn about buyer needs and issues, and articulate Mindsight’s value compellingly enough to gain agreement for first meetings
- Cold call aggressively, and use creative tactics – whether via phone, email or in-person – in order to break through the noise and gain buyers’ attention
- Develop a solid understanding of the contact center’s business issues and how those issues are being resolved with today’s technology and services
- Collaborate with Sales, Engineering and Marketing teams to communicate prospect needs and challenges in preparation for first meetings; provide support as needed throughout the sales cycle
- Help in executing outbound campaigns and drive attendance to thought leadership seminars
- Conduct research on executives and vertical pain points by using DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn and other research tools
- Receive training on Mindsight’s broad, cutting-edge technology offerings
- Provide feedback on quality of contacts, prospect needs, industry trends to help shape campaign messaging and future company offerings
- Utilize HubSpot and Salesforce.com to identify potential opportunities, manage daily interactions and conversations, and track progress through sales pipeline
- Communicate campaign information clearly, consistently and with integrity
- Maintain current knowledge of Mindsight’s products, partner product offerings, industry/product solutions, customer applications, competitive product differences as well as evolving strategies
- Coordinate and set lead follow up protocols with Marketing Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, psychology or similar concentration with 2+ years’ experience
- Self-starter able to deliver high call volume and appointment setting
- Exceptional listener with an ability to ask the right questions and identify pain points of the customer
- An aptitude for learning technical information quickly and applying it in sales conversations
- Independent worker capable of managing multiple projects in parallel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in the field a plus but not required